Are you the technical architect who makes our customers even more successful by thinking strategically about technology?
As Hoppinger grows, so do our projects and our ambitions. Our projects are now proper digital transformations: they touch large portions of the partner’s (core) business processes as integral enablers of value streams, and connect or integrate with many IT systems such as CRM’s, ERP’s, ESB’s, etc.In order to support this growth, we are looking for a technical architect who also understands the relationship of what we are building and the facets of the technology used.
As a technical architect, you are also an avid lover of technology: you are not afraid to get your hands dirty, and to write code yourself. You want to know exactly what is happening within projects, and are involved at a high level of detail. You may not be the best programmer, and you do not need to be proficient in all technologies involved, but you are involved nonetheless.
Being business-savvy, you are curious about business models and value streams: you ask the right questions, and you really want to know how the customer is going to be more successful thanks to what we are building for them. You may not be a business consultant, but you will eagerly participate in the meetings with the customer to really get a feel for what they are doing and what really matters to them and their own customers. You are not scared to challenge the customer and occasionally will still act as a consultant anyway if the situation calls for it.
You can engage the members of a multidisciplinary team, and you can adjust your tone and manner of communication to the audience: whether it is a designer, a project manager, or a developer, you can share ideas and guide them towards creating great solutions that everybody is proud of, and that greatly contribute to the success of the customer.
As a technical architect at Hoppinger,
- Have a Master Degree or PhD in Software Engineering.
- Have extensive working experience in IT including working at a digital agency or IT-service provider.
- Understand the business purpose of the application, what is more valuable and what is not;
- Understand the limitations and opportunities of technology;
- Understand business processes, and map them to UML (or similar: we are not so formal!)
- Understand the internal technical tools, frameworks, and processes of Hoppinger
- Define cost-effective, reusable, extensible architectures
- Discuss with customers the choices made, and advise on return on investment: you know when to say “yes”, but you also no when to say “no” because a feature is not worth the effort for the customer.
- You have strong communication skills in both English and preferably Dutch (or willing to learn: Dutch at some point is an absolute requirement for the long term of this position).
- You are available for at least 32 hours a week.
We like to take good care of our Hoppingers. Therefore you’ll receive a competitive salary and you’ll have significant growth options. We also offer you nice secondary employment conditions, such as a good pension, a discount on your gym membership, a own Hoppinger bike of choice and daily a fresh healthy lunch with your colleagues. Employees who visit our clients can use our shared premium cars.
We know that in our field, knowledge is all. For this reason, we invest heavily in training and schooling for developers by our internal workshops.
We are a full service digital agency and strategic partner in Rotterdam with more than 85 experts: web developers, software engineers, designers, business consultants, strategists and digital marketers. Together we make the complex digital world as easy as possible for brands and their public. We translate their challenging questions into the best solutions for web and native.
Challenge is essential to us. As well as learning from our mistakes and celebrating success together. We do this in meetings, stand ups, drinks, team building activities and by spontaneously going out together on Friday night.
If you want to build high quality software, and care about solidity, scalability, performance, and type safety, then Hoppinger is the place to be. If you are interested and fit the requirements, let us know by applying now!
Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciated